I don’t have a baby in my house, but I still have baby wipes. And they are not just wipes that have been sitting around for months untouched. I actually purchase baby wipes and have come up with six of my own uses for baby wipes even though I no longer have a baby in the house.
This post was sponsored by WaterWipes as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.
One thing I’ve loved about having a toddler was that I was prepared for just about anything when we were out of the house. By making sure I had everything my toddler might need (tissues, wipes, change of clothes, snacks, water), that meant I was also prepared when the rest of my family needed something (minus the extra change of clothes).
My daughter is now four and well past the diaper stage. But I still love having baby wipes around the house and in my purse – especially in my purse!
When I first had my daughter, I was hesitant to use traditional baby wipes on her face. After all, they are intended to wipe booties during potty changes. Were they really safe to use on my daughter’s face? Traditional wipes are filled with chemicals and she was so little and delicate.
Let’s just say I would do a few things differently the next time around. In the time since my daughter was a baby I have learned more about using cloth diapers and discovered chemical free baby wipes from WaterWipes.
What I love about WaterWipes
- WaterWipes are chemical-free.
- They only contain two ingredients – purified water (99.9%) and grapefruit seed extract (0.1%)
- They are a safer, more natural alternative to traditional baby wipes.
- They are both durable and effective.
- WaterWipes was recently awarded the Seal of Acceptance by the National Eczema Association.
- I can find them at my local Target store.
Things to keep in mind about using WaterWipes
- WaterWipes are chemical free – this means they don’t contain preservatives. The package will keep for up to 15 months before it is opened. Once you open your WaterWipes package, we recommend that you use the pack within 1 month.
- Unlike some other wipe brands, WaterWipes are not interfolded. This allows for the sterile environment within the package to be maintained. For the same reason, we recommend that you do not relocate the wipes in an alternate container.
How I use WaterWipes even though I don’t have babies
1. I like to have a package of WaterWipes in my purse to clean up little hands before eating a snack out of the house when we don’t have the convenience of washing our hands in a bathroom sink.
2. My 4-year-old is a messy eater! When we are at a restaurant, a napkin (or a few napkins!) is not always enough to clean up her messy hands and face. That’s another reason to take WaterWipes in my purse.
3. Even though my daughter has been potty trained for quite a while, sometimes she does have accidents when she is having fun and forgets to go potty. WaterWipes help clean her skin better than toilet paper after those accidents.
4. Use to remove makeup when it is not practical to wash my face for real.
5. Quickly clean up fresh stains on clothes, including deodorant stains!
6. Remove nail polish from the skin around my nails before it dries. I’m not good at painting nails with my left hand, so having WaterWipes nearby comes in handy for quickly wiping away my messes without the awful smell of nail polish remover.
With all this up-close face and skin contact, it is important to me to have products I can use with my family that do not contain harsh chemicals. I feel good about using WaterWipes on my kids fingers and faces.
I find WaterWipes at my local Target store. You can use the WaterWipes store locator to find a WaterWipes retailer near you.